Tuesday 29 November 2011

WOYWW 130

 Still the gnomes are breeding on my table but they don't do a thing for their keep. In fact they spell trouble!
Donna came to visit me on Sunday for a flying visit with her DS and we had a hectic but lovely time cramming as much crafting in as time allowed but I forgot to take photos so the only evidence I have is the pendant I made. I also completed another pendant and an angel when my lovely visitors had departed but I cannot find where on earth I put them. I seriously think the gnomes had something to do with it.


If you are coping with all this, and can manage more, then go over to Stamping Ground, the blog of our leader Julia and race around the globe bloghopping the desks and creations of over 100 crafters.
This pendant is the piece of my  jewellery I made from tin.
 Another freebie pattern
 Some paper cuts to share.....I originally made these quite some years ago but I think they are worth revisiting.
  To make them..... machine stitch together "as many sheets of copy paper as can be cut through" (up to abut 10 layers if the paper isn't too heavy). With a heavy machine needle and a large stitch setting, sew down the centre of the decoration and the stitching will form the hinge when the design is cut out. Remember to leave a tail end of cotton long enough to form a hanging loop.
Open out all the layers of paper and below are my battered old original samples. Plain and simple here but they can be sprinkled with a little glitter or sequins if preferred. I am going to make some fresh ones from old dictionary pages just as soon as those dratted gnomes have moved on. I love the effect of the stars I made from dictionary pages a few days ago so I think I'll see if these paper cuts look good in print! 
Be sure to pop by from time to time this week as I have a few more lovely templates to share. I have a sledge, a reindeer and a couple of Christmas trees yet to come! Don't miss them!

26 comments:

okienurse said...

Awesome ornaments! I am going to try and make a few tomorrow! Thanks for sharing the template. Have a great week. Vickie

Sunshine Girl said...

Love the pendant you have made and those decorations are cool too. Good luck sorting out the gnomes - I never have those here but I do have pixies frequently visiting and moving things (and not in a tidy way either!). Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 4

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You don't have to tell me. I didn't make it last week. But I am here now. That pendant looks like copper, not tin. Job well done. Maybe Donna will have something on her blog. And thanks for always visiting. Happy WOYWW from #7.

Kath Stewart said...

oh those naughty gnomes..loving all your christmas makes...thanks for the crafty snoop...Happy WOYWW...hugs kath (33)

Paul B said...

These are a beautiful idea Jo. Love them made in the cream colour. They have a wonderful, vintage appeal. Px

Helen said...

Love those ornaments! Hope you get your gnomes working for their keep very soon, they are multiplying!
Happy WOYWW, from Helen at 12

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Naughty gnomes...... The decorations look fab, we usually have lots of balloons, this year I plan to do some holly and ivy raiding from my new surroundings.

Annie said...

I bet your home looks amazing at Christmas with all your wonderful creations. Thanks for sharing your ideas Jo.
A x

Neil said...

Hi there and thanks for the peek into your creative zone. It looks like there is loads going on so thanks for sharing. Hope you have a brilliant week and have plenty of creative time! Great decoration templates, thanks for sharing them.
Neil #24

Dragon said...

Dratted gnomes!!! They are fab though... These paper cuts look amazing, so thanks for a great idea. Thanks also for your so supportive comments on my blog
Frankie
xx

lisa said...

You need to get those gnomes taken in hand before they take over, Jo. They'll be expecting to sit down for Christmas dinner at this rate!!
Those decorations look gorgeous, something else to have a go at.
Glad you had a lovely time with Donna.
Hugs Lisax

Ann B said...

Another lovely idea from Jo, The Enabling Pixie. Must have a go at these but will have to get my sewing machine back from my sister - it's been on loan for 5 years now ha ha.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Lots of creativity going on here Jo. Those blasted gnomes get everywhere - send them back to the pond to catch some fish!! Lovely pendant x

Scrappekatten said...

Thank you for the nice templates.

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Love the hanging ornaments. They look great. Just like your jewelry. Have a happy and crafty Wednesday and thanks for sharing. xFranka #16

Anonymous said...

What a great desk your pendant and decorations are lovely, hope you find the missing ones soon. Have a great Wednesday. Laura

MvM-design said...

Great desk , love your jewelery!
Thanks for sharing ;-)
Hugs Marleen #14

Jingle said...

Those ornaments are fabulous and I love that pendant!

ScrappnBee said...

Oooh! Great pattern for ornaments! Love it! If only we could harness the power of gnomes! LOL! Thanks for sharing! The pendant is lovely! -Amanda#21

Lunch Lady Jan said...

A Gnashing of gnomes - you see, I'm still at it after a week!! Lol...
Love those paper cutout baubles, so simple and yet really effective. Just gorgeous. The simplest ideas are so often the best :)
Hugs, LLJ #40 xx
PS You got a mention on my blog today!

Twiglet said...

Your tin pendant is amazing Jo - such a great "upcycle". Hope you managed to find the lost bits and bobs - I have been tidying up and I know I will have forgotten where I put everything - you know that "safe place" that where it can't get lost!!

Bridget Larsen said...

You should find some working gnomes then lol. I love having visitors, especially crafting ones, I dont get to do much but after they are gone I get a crafting splurge of mojo and create like heck. Who needs photos-the memories are etched in your head. That pendant is absolutely gorgeous. Those ornaments are absolutely gorgeous, where do you get them from or did you draw it yourself?
Bridget #20

minnie_mac said...

Yes, I've got these gnomes in my house too. Love the decs.

Marilyn

Shoshi said...

Lovely "angel" pendant, Jo! And I do love those paper cutouts. So imaginative. Never mind, I expect the gnomes will depart once Christmas has come and gone! Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #62

Shoshi said...

Hi Jo, me again! thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I'll email you! It's a pain when messages disappear, isn't it. Hugs, Shoshi #62

Morti said...

One of my friends repainted all his Garden Gnomes in camouflage and gave them assault rifles - he used to set them up in his garden battling against the Action Men he had, in the Battle for Bosgnomia. Wouldn't have been quite so bad had he not been 45 at the time!

Fab work on your desk - love the ornaments. I think I'm going to have to try those out for myself! Thanks for stopping by.