Wednesday 1 December 2010

Rupert the Robin Tag & more of Lueneburg

This is an Advent tag I made earlier and saved in my blog files.
For Rupert Robin I used the Tim Holtz bird stamp and coloured it to be a robin redbreast and he still shows the swirls on his plumage. I cut it out then it was clear embossed to give it a glaze and the background on the tag is also a TH stamp. The holly is made from Fimo.
Talking of birds here are some of the bird houses on sale in one of the local shops here in Lueneburg. Thanks for all the lovely comments about my German trip photos and I'm glad I've brought a little festive cheer to brighten up the season so I'll risk showing a few more!
I really fancy making some in this style next year
Here's a toy shop and it's even better inside!
and the chemist (apotheke as it is called here) which retains many of it's original fittings.
These are some of the mince pies I made yesterday and, as I mentioned, we took some to eat with our gluhwein on the Christmas Market. We've just got to add a little touch of England to this experience. 






11 comments:

Dotpat said...

Fabulous tag Jo and fab photo's. Your posts are always fab

Yvonne Russell said...

Hi Jo
I so love your robin tag... all that detail, the embossing and the fimo holly. Gorgeous. Enjoyed looking at your photos too... love those bird houses.

Wishing you all the best for a wonderful Christmas.

Carola Bartz said...

Your mince pies look yummy! I had them years ago when I celebrated Christmas in London and I really liked them.
The robin tag is so beautiful! Another great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Your tag is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the way the swirls show through the red ink. It makes it look even more festive.

Thank you so much for sharing.
cheers, rachel #54

Tinkertaylor said...

Those birdie houses are so so cute and the mince pies look yummy. I'm enjoying reading about your trip to Germany

sam21ski said...

WOW Jo, thanks for sharing your fab cultural photos, I really do enjoy looking at them.

The robin tag is fabulous, love his belly!!!!!

lisa said...

Hi Jo. Thanks so much for sharing such wonderful photos. I had to laugh at you taking your mince pies to have with your Gluhwein. Could things get any better. These bird houses are just gorgeous. I'd be fitting on of those in my suitcase and those little decorations are beautiful. Your friend will be delighted with them.
Stay safe and warm and don't hurry back to snowbound England, it's freezing!!!!!!
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

Brilliant post Jo, love all the German photos, but do you know that your Robin changes name from the title to the text!! Yummy mince pies, I need to make more mincemeat asap as I only have half a jar left. Enjoy the time with your family.

Hugs
Brenda 90

Neet said...

I remember seeing similar bird houses in Dusseldorf two years ago, or was it Cologne? Anyway, I loved them - they are so bright and colourful. I for one will not tire of seeing your pictures from Germany - keep 'em coming.
Lovely mince pies too.

olive said...

loving the photos and the robin is gorgeous..... what great buildings, so colourful.... xxxx

Unknown said...

Your photos are amazing! I so want to go and have a look around... what a wonderful place! I will keep this in mind for another year... thank you so much for sharing!
Hugs
Kim
x