Wednesday 3 November 2010

WOYWW & Purple Postcard

This is my entry into the Purple Postcard swap run by my blogging buddy Sam for KCUK. I love purple and I'm a bit disappointed that this card in rich purple shades doesn't show up as vibrant in the photo, as it really is in real life.
I glued on torn strips of dictionary pages before it was coloured with a mix of all the lovely purple ink pads that I own. I then stamped with another of my new images, an Art Nouveau head by Lost Coast Designs then drizzled pva glue in streaks over the pages. When dry, I rubbed Pearlex over... in purple of course! 
WOYWW 74
I've been mad busy this week catching up with swaps and prepping for a workshop I'm taking for Victoria Stampers next Saturday. Yes the "C" word has finally arrived in this house as one of the projects is a decoration for the class, which is in progress on my desk.... still no thought of cards! There are lots of thing on the desk but they are the items I'm working on and things I'm sorting out to pack. Once that is done it will be down to the naked strawberries!!
Bargain of the week.....
This little trug cost me 30p... YES!! all of 30p!! from a charity shop in St Helen's. I think it might be gorgeous painted and decorated JoZarty style. I also bought 3 brand new Denby mugs there for 30p each. Don't ask me the name of the Charity Shop unless you are willing to pay big money... the secret stays mine unless I'm followed! I intend to return.
If, after reading this, you wonder what madness chases through my mind then see how so many other crafters share the mayhem of their desks weekly, by the inspiration of Julia our hallowed leader on Stamping Ground
Follow up after the Lantern Parade in Sefton Park
Spooky Skeleton Horses
These amazing creations were enormous and so well constructed
The lantern bearers managed to animate the figures which were held so high and were so tall. They were made of bamboo canes covered in paper and their manufacture was organised by the Liverpool Lantern Company. They give courses so there were also smaller ones made by the general public, some by children too.
We estimated that the parade was well over a mile long as it lasted over 30 minutes and it was a fantastic sight and well worth tramping in the dark through the park to experience.
Even the Palm House was lit up with a private party going on inside. What a spectacular venue!
It looked so different to when we visited recently on a lovely sunny Autumn day.








35 comments:

Neet said...

Oh Jo - thanks for the lantern photos - am so envious of you having seen them as I bet they looked fab in real life.
Love your purple postcard - wish I had had time to join in that swap.
Must get some more samples done for my slot on Saturday at Vicky Stampers so toodleoo for now. #47

Tuire Flemming said...

Your desk looks really busy. The purple postcard looks fabulous even in the picture!

Those lanterns are great - and the lit up palm house! Halloween is not a big event here in Finland. It´s a pity, ´cause in this darkness all the lanterns would look magnificent!

donnalouiserodgers said...

wo wwow wow - each image is taking me somewhere fab - excellent post - and please mail me Mrs 52, as I am excluding myself and my Son from the blog followers count...I just told myself to do something for the followers when the counter hit fifty...I have now decided family are excluded from the offer unless he cooks dinner sometime...please coudl you use the instructions on my post so I can easily organise the requests?

Dx 46

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey dear Jo, congratulations on your blog candy win!! Nice beginning of the day. And I see I DON'T see many strawberries, so you know that means you've been busy. Not sure what a trug is, but I like it. I like it because it has dividers and handles. Now if it were just on wheels, it would be my ideal storage unit (grin).

Are those TREES you are working on? Are they for a class? I would love to see one finished. I decorate my house each Christmas with trees. Between the rocking horses and trees, it's really all I need. And I love the parade shots. Pretty fun Halloween. Happy WOYWW from #1.

Ciara said...

Congraulations Jo! Email on it's way now.

Love the purple, so vivid & bright.

You'll have to show us the revamped trug, what a total bargain!

Ciara
xx

Alix said...

wow what a fabulous parade and some great shots!

cheryl said...

oh wow you have some wonderful shots,here hun gosh brilliant well done on your win too,that card is just amazing especially the colur
,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxxx 21

Annie said...

Love your postcard Jo and those photos look amazing. What fun.
A x

Helen said...

Your purple card looks pretty darn fine to me! Love the Lantern parade.

olive said...

more charity shop goodies then! have to see whats on offer on Saturday.... love the purple. Ciao

Morti said...

Great things on your desk as usual - and that lantern parade was brill - excellent photos Jo!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous busy desk.. loving the colours on there :O))

Theresa Plas said...

Loving the purple art and all the colors on your workspace! The parade looks like it was FUN too!

sam21ski said...

I am now the proud owner of one of those fabulous postcards!!!

WOW what fab photos, take it the carnival lived up to expectations then xxxxx

Sue said...

Hi ya Jo
gorgeous poscard luv the colour, lovely creative desk, fabulous piccies looks a great parade, have great day,happy WOYWW, sue,(17)x

Linby said...

TFS the photos of the parade, the palm house looks great lit like that. Your desk is very creative again and I too love purple so your postcard scores double with me.
Linbyx

Dotpat said...

Another great post Jo, enjoyed reading it and your postcard is great, loved the photos of the lanterns too

Unknown said...

Love your postcard Jo. Any Vintage sewing stuff you have spare would be kewl too
Hugs
Carol

Joey said...

WOW your desk piccy is gorgeous it looks so busy, that postcard is stunning! Joey.x

Anonymous said...

Purple is one of my favourite colours. Your card is gorgeous and so are the pics of that Lantern parade! # 126

Phree said...

Oh Jo, the Palm House - my mother was from Liverpool - Aigburth - I recall visiting that as a child - how lovely to see it's still there in Sefton Park.

Spyder said...

Fab lantern pictures, love your card too,glad you liked the freebie
Happy WOYWW!
((Lyn))

katemade designs said...

Your card is beautiful and your desk looks like a wonderful playground.

Robin said...

Great pics!! Love the purple and imagine it looks even better in person!! Robin

Julia Dunnit said...

sEE, YOUR SKILL IS KNOWING WHEN TO KEEP ADDING AND KNOWING WHEN TO STOP - THAT CARD IS AMAZING. Oh sorry, I appear to be shouting! I wonder what you'll be making this weekend..and don't worry about C cards...BAGS of time!!

Nicks said...

thats my kind of desk! off to try the PVA tip!

Anonymous said...

Amazing bargains Jo and your desk is really busy as usual! Now those Lanterns are something else, absolutely amazing, as are the carved pumpkins, hope your daughter had a great birthday! And I love you autumn photos in the earlier post too, why on earth would you want to move away from all of that going on in your local area??

Hugs
Brenda 87

akilli melek said...

i think purple is such a rich colour, yet i hardly use it when i craft. might need to start thinking of ways to incorporate it. love your stuff. caroline #16

lisa said...

The lantern paprade looks wonderful Jo, you always have such interesting things going on around your area.
I love all the stuff on your desk and am intrigued with all those manly looking tools in your trug. Have you been raiding your hubby's stash?
Hugs Lisax

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

The postcard looks wonderful Jo, even if it's better IRL - it's always disappointing though when the colours don't look so good on the blog. Ooh looks like you've been extremely busy. More great pics, thanks for sharing ;-)
Anne xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

One busy and productive desk. What a lovely postcard. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 36)

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Love the purple card and the spooky pics are fab.

Have a great week...A.xx(14)

Sarah said...

the card looks really great - great stamp from a fab company - desk is looking very creative and busy - just as it should!
sasa 25

sandra de said...

Great night time pics and I think I want to eat all the goodies on your desk!

Debs said...

Oooh how cool are those lanterns?! wow
love the stuff on your desk xx