Friday 3 September 2010

Step Cards, the Sun, the Moon & the Stars

Well!...you can't ask for more than the Sun, the Moon and the Stars!
Welcome and thanks to Teresa and Ciara who have recently added their names to my followers.
These are the finished cards that were WIP on my table on Wednesday. I don't think I've yet finished playing round with this fold as I want to try out different sizes. 
My friend Neet has instructions on her Hickdorums Blog in her tutorials section and there's a small slimline one and a larger one. 
Here, in mine, I've reduced the size of the steps in proportion to the card section.
This background is effective just spritzed with Glimmer Mists. 
The star stamp is from Heindesign and the sun and moon stamps are from Topaz crafts.
 This one below is for a friend's birthday but she won't see it here as she doesn't blog.
The back ground was sponged with 3 shades of chalk inks, then I used the edge of an eraser along a ruler to rub out random lines. It is a really effective technique that was shown to me by my friend Caz of stampattack some time ago and I think she may have found it via Technique Junkies. It doesn't show up very well on the photo so I may do it another time. The stamps are yet again some of my favourites from  CraftyIndividuals.
I must get my act together and pack my bag for Victoria Stampers Workshop tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it as it is always a great, fun, creative day with such a wonderful group of people who travel far and wide from all over North England and I always end up with something good to post!

7 comments:

donnalouiserodgers said...

oh oh oh - must remember to come back again and get the instructions DO One of These - they are gorgeous - so well balanced - and soooo interesting, really really gorgeous I think I like the collage one best , and then I think nooo - those stars - that sun... and a moon...

I can't choose....

Dx

Dotpat said...

They are lovely Jo, I made my own style of this card too

sam21ski said...

Have a great day today Jo with your crafty friends.

Both cards are stunning, love the colours and images of the CI one xxxx

Jan Hennings said...

beautiful and so unique!

lisa said...

Two really wonderful cards, Jo. I love these stepper cards, they always look just a bit different and are really easy to do aren't they?
The spritzed background for the moon and stars is gorgeous. I must get my mists out and have a play again!!
Enjoy your workshop, sounds fun.
Hugs Lisax

Lizzybobs said...

Hi these are lovely you need to pop over to my blog hun YOU HAVE WON my candy lol Liz

Neet said...

Love both of these Jo - but the first one is really something different and I love how the star and crescent moon stand off a bit.