Monday 9 August 2010

Concertina File

This is the fab, and really useful, project Gill showed us how to make on Saturday at Victoria Stampers workshop and she tells us that it is adapted from an Art Specially book. It was a great day, as ever, full of fun and laughs, chocolate (thanks to the birthday girl Mandy) and a good bit of serious crafting.

I made file card inserts with tabs and ribbon accents to pop in each slot.
I decorated 3, 12 x 12 inch peces of light card to use as the covers and trims. I smudged over various stencils with Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Pine Needles.
The first pic shows the layers, first over the floral stencil and sequin waste ( shown on the card).
I then used two different sizes of sequin waste
Next I stamped a script image and a starburst over everything to link together all the elements. I had to make sure that the images were multi directional so I could use the paper on all parts of the project.
I really enjoy messing about making these backgrounds as they always come together so easily and effectively. Have a go and if you do please let us see what you produce and don't hesitate to shout if you need any more information!
Thanks go to our tutor and friend, Gill, who gave us such a good day. 


10 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

It's really pretty, Jo - I love those colours and the stamping is fab. Especially love the additional little touches you've added. Must redo mine if I get chance while John's off work!

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow - all that in one afternoon! It looks lovely - half the skillis picking the colours to combine - lovely useful project.

mckinkle said...

Oh what a stunning project Jo, I am so envious! Sounds like it was the most perfect of days!

That concertina wallet is just FAB!

Keryn x

Dotpat said...

That is brilliant Jo, love the colours. You are iw wizz when you get going kid

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Stunning Jo, was going to say I loved the papers you'd used then realised you'd stamped them - still love them of course and love the colours ;-) How exactly did you make the pockets? I made something similar a couple of years ago, but yours looks simpler and quicker.
Anne xx

olive said...

looks like you had a fun day Jo, sorry I wasnt there to take part. I love the way you decorated your file. Ciao

Tinkertaylor said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...love all the different effects you've done.

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful IRL, x

sam21ski said...

So glad you were able to make your day out and it looks well worth it, love the concertina file.

Thanks for the sp re the card too, it really does look stunning and the colours are just gorgeous xxx

minnie_mac said...

What a fabulous project.

The colours and stamping are superb, and it's good to hear that you had such a great day and good company doing it.

Marilyn