Sunday 28 March 2010

NEC show/ Our Day Out

Our day out was so much fun with great people and so much to see and buy. 
I went with money and, utterly amazingly, came back with money as some of my "must buys" had sold out, so I'll have to wait until the next show, next month.
I came back without a voice, as my slightly sore throat suffered with gabbing all day, and DH is thrilled to have a bit of peace and quiet for at least another day.
New Colours of Distress Ink pads were selling out fast and furiously and I could only get three of the ones I NEED, but the show offer price was good. I bought, and love, one of the new larger PaperArtsy plates and had nice chat to Leandra and Mark. Also found a smaller scale flourish stamp which I've needed for a while. 
The second picture shows the contents of the £5 goody bag from Create & Stamp ......fantastic value which I was so lucky to buy just before they ran out.
All cafe seats were taken up so, as an excuse for a rest, we sat down on the Dremmel stand to engrave a glass and really enjoyed it. I'll show the results when I retrieve it from my friend who accidentally?? took it home. 
No new ideas or products at the show (apart from the new Distress pads) but it was still a good atmosphere and and excellent day. Roll on the Aintree Show!!

7 comments:

Dotpat said...

Sounds like you had somegood buys Jo and some good fun

paperscissors said...

it's really all about the fun (after you satisfy all your papercrafting needs), that does look like a tremendous value bag. i love come home from shopping and looking at all my treasures, i never tire of looking at them!

cockney blonde said...

The goodie bag looks brill. So peeved that we missed out but apparently other earlier shoppers were greedy and buying several at a time!!! Personally I blame the stand staff for letting them do it. Still I'm pleased that some of our gals were lucky and it was a brill day.
Yes, I'll be there on Saturday although I won't make Aintree, x

Unknown said...

had a brill day with you Jo and love all your stash looking forward to aintree hope we can make it same day hope your voice returns soon specially for saturday hugs jayne xxx

sam21ski said...

WOW Jo, great stash, sounds like you had a fab time, hope you get all you NEED at the next show!!!

lisa said...

Hi Jo. I've just been having a catch up with all that you've been up too. I have just given birth to a new craft room, yipee, so been busy decorating. It looks a bit empty though compared to yours. I've enjoyed admiring all your amazing stash and a table all ready to be covered with work in progress, I love it. I have those Ikea drawers and have been busy painting and stamping on them, great fun.
Your NEC trip sounds wonderful, can't wait to see what you create with your new purchases.

Lisax

Amanda said...

Hi Jo, Looks like you had a good trip. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks so much again for my goodies. I have now blogged about it.
Have a great weekend!