Monday 22 February 2010

NEC Stitches Show

Well, we made it to the NEC for the Craft & Creative Stitches show!! Yeh! The best bit is that, while we were there, I got the wonderful news of the new arrival to our family. All safe and well at 9lbs 5 oz, our new little grand daughter. It was the best of days!
Amazingly the snow cleared by lunch time yesterday so we decided to wizz down to the NEC, stay in the hotel we had booked, and attend the show today. I really thought that it wouldn't happen and my last post unintentionally fooled everyone so I received some lovely sympathy. Thanks so much, but there I was having fun and you didn't know it!!!
The "budget" priced hotel was amazing, black and white timbered with a grand oak winding staircase. Good food etc., (that's wine BTW) and we all enjoyed the overnight stay before today's visit to the show. Caz and her DH decided they would also stay over so we had good company too.
The show was far better than last year with more demonstrations, including those by Tim Holtz, Claudia Helmuth and Suze Weinberg. More make and takes which Caz and I enjoyed and so many interesting stands to visit for ideas and inspiration.
The highlight for me was the superb demonstration by Liz Welsh who is so expert at Friendly Plastic techniques and I am thrilled that I will be taking a full workshop with her later in the year. She spent so much time giving us ideas, hints and tips and made Caz and I beautiful pieces to keep.
I also enjoyed Fran Seiford's workshop  Painting with Powder which I know I will try again.


Down to earth now after a really colourful magic day.



Liz Welsh, some of her samples made today and the lovely brooch she generously gave to me.







Fran Seiford from USA demming her Painting with Powder Technique
Caz with the shoe cards we made on the Woodware stand. My effort at the front.   Tim Holtz made me a Grunge Paper Rose for my beret
Claudine demonstrated her sticky back canvas techniques
Suze Weinberg's UTEE dem

The bargain hotel, not bad eh? The Chase Coventry, about 15 mins from the NEC

6 comments:

olive said...

well you did well then... lucky you. i would love to have met Tim, maybe next time. Claudine is lovely. Congrats on the baby. Ciao

Ann B said...

Two treats in one day - new Gdaughter and lots of crafting goodies - can't be bad.

Unknown said...

looks like you had a ball and what a day to remember new grandchild and a gift from Tim concidering you dint think you was going to make it it turned out fab for you so glad you had fun hugs jayne xxx

lisa said...

So glad you made it after all and look at you with Sir Tim, you lucky thing. Sounds like a brilliant weekend.
Many congratulations on your new arrival, that's wonderful news.

Lisax

cockney blonde said...

Ooo you little devil, there's me thinking of you all snowed up in Livepool, lol.
So glad you made it afterall and what a lovely way to celebrate your new arrival, x

Olga said...

You've met Tim Holtz! Lucky you! Great show, congrats!