Tuesday 16 February 2010

Snowdrops Croxteth Hall


Today with some welcome sunshine we walked in the grounds of nearby Croxteth Hall, (side aspect pictured above) and we were surprised to find some snow around. It must have fallen overnight and melted near home but not in the exposed areas of the park. My idea was to visit the field of snowdrops but as they aren't yet at their best we'll have to pay another visit next week. A few dared to open their petals but most are still tightly closed... I think they saw the snow and didn't like it! I was fascinated to see some amazing fungi in texured ripples and layers on a huge log.

3 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

I LOVE fungi - I know, I'm weird, but you already knew that. I used to go out with my fungus book, looking for new varieties and was amazed at what I found - best in Autumn, though. I didn't see any snow, either...

Amanda said...

Hi Jo, will you please take a close-up of the Snowdrops when you go again and post it? It looks the most adorable flowers! So snow white! Glad you are seeing sunshine again.
Warm hugs from South-Africa!

cockney blonde said...

Yep we woke to snow this morning, must have come down overnight. Another digout of the car!!!
There's been more flakes this evening so not sure what we'll wake up to tomorrow but the earlier snow had melted away thanks to the lovely sunshine, x