Thursday 18 February 2010

Day with Suze Weinberg at CraftRange

Caz, Jo & Jayne with wax collage panels


  
What a magic day I had yesterday at CraftRange in Burnley! On Monday, (thanks to my lovely kind, helpful, friend Jayne, making a call to the shop) I was so lucky to get a place on Suze Weinberg's meltpot workshop. I sneaked in to surprise my good friend Caz who didn't know I'd be there.
 We were welcomed at this fab craft store with tea and fresh toast and all day the staff were so attentive, friendly and helpful. Congratulations to Debbie and Janet and her team for such a wonderful level of customer service.

Besides being a superb crafting opportunity we had the pick of their cafe menu for lunch and and the pick of any of their amazing homemade cakes for afterwards. We were so stuffed after the lovely main course that we saved the cakes for afternoon tea! All day long we were joking with a male member of staff about his ardent service getting us clean cups and helping generally that we were calling him "chef" and pulling his leg, only to discover at the end of the day that it was "El Primo", the Boss, the OWNER of the 
store, Michael Toms!!! 


My Wax Collage

Below are the collage successes  by Lynne, Paula, Jayne and Caz





Check out Suze's blog where she has posted her great photos of the day and I feel so proud to be a part of it.

10 comments:

Sherry said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and experience with Suze - and all the wax collages look brilliant.

Amanda said...

Oh you lucky ladies!! Glad you enjoyed it. Wonderful pieces you made.
Warm hugs.

sam21ski said...

Looks like you had a fab day and created some lovely makes and takes - lucky you xxxxx

Unknown said...

it was amazing and was so glad to help you Jo get on there you made it even more special for you being there and Caz was so stuned and made up that you was there to pity we didnt film her reaction lol hope the other guys are having as much fun as we did xxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

What an amazing day. Really enjoyed reading about it and seeing all the amazing artwork. I think it is time to get the meltpot and beeswax out again! Lynne Moncrieff x

Chris said...

Well, apprently, Jo, your lot were much noisier than ours! lol

Wasn't it just a fab day? I loved every minute - shame it flew by so quickly.

Cath Wilson said...

Looks and sounds as if you had great fun and made some great bits!! Still having collywobbles when I hear the words 'Wax collage' though, lol.

Artyjen said...

What a fabulous time you must have had! All the great craft shops seem to be up north!! We certainly don't have any in Devon that I know of that would be having the likes of Suze any day soon!!!! LOL
xoxo

Neet said...

I loved the wax collages. Suze is amazing with wax isn't she? So envious of the full day you got to spend with her and you feature so much on her blog - lovely to see you having such a great time.

Olga said...

I've never heard of wax collages before, but yours one so great! I have no words! I'm going to Google to find out more about this tecnique!