Sunday 7 February 2010

Loo Roll Tag Book

I was back home in time, so therefore, lucky enough to attend yesterday's workshop given by my friend Jayne. It was a tag book made from loo roll or kitchen roll tubes. It was good fun and some people made really lovely, elegant, neat books but I decided that if I was using loo rolls mine was going to be grungy!! Jayne has made these for a while but the idea, featured by someone else, appears in this month's Craft Stamper magazine. The rolls, officially, should be covered with printed or decorated paper but I used gesso and Distress reinkers on mine. I discovered that the colours dry so differently when applied over gesso compared to how they appear on the card tags. A lesson learned!
We had good fun day, as always, and were joined by Olive who won 3rd prize in my recent blog candy draw. So nice to meet up in person and I hope she comes again.


The pics show the book front and an inside view with a pocket and one of the tags taken out.

13 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Looks good, Jo :) Surprised you didn't know that about Gesso, though, lol - that's usually the reason why I spread it randomly - to create some texture and different colour tones. Love your embellishments.

Don't forget that Jo Capper Sandon did one of these in Craft Stamper a year ago now (in the recycling issue). She covered hers in newspaper - I tried it and it works great :)

Tinkertaylor said...

This is gorgeous Jo, love the grunginess.

JoZart Designs said...

Well Cath.. I DID know but just didn't think to gesso the tags too! as I said a lesson learned!
Jo x

sam21ski said...

Stunning, just love the distressed grungy look it has xxxx

lisa said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours you've used and all the stamping. It's fascinating how a loo roll can end up in a book!!!! I'm intruigued.
Glad you had a lovely trip to see your family and how lovely to receive such beautiful tulips on your return.
Good Luck with the impending new arrival.

Lisax

Artyjen said...

This is a great looking piece....I've always thought there should be something constructive to do with those!! LOL
xoxo

Tracy said...

Love it Jo love the colours and distressing.
XXX

cockney blonde said...

Lovely project Jo, x

Neet said...

Can't wait to do mine when I come home. Believe we are off to the flicks shortly - a girly day out!
Oops! Nearly forgot - yours looks great which is why I said I can't wait to do mine - had loo rolls flattening for months now.

massofhair said...

Looks great Jo, a good distress finish and great colours. Embellishments are lovely too:-) x

Unknown said...

wow Jo this ia amazing wish i had your eye i love all that you have done and i like the difference with the tags they still match great thanks for showing your fab work xxx

Dotpat said...

Love this Jo what a brill idea, love how you have done it

KAT said...

Loo Rolls - here in the US we call it toilet paper rolls - Loo Rolls sounds so much better. Love your sample - the colors are striking and love the little pocket that you included in the one.