Monday 8 February 2010

Air duster and A Inks


I spent this afternoon making an instruction video all about using Alcohol inks with an air duster. I wish I had a video of my attempts as it was hilarious. I had my camera taped on to a bendy lamp and it fell off twice so I swore (moi?) and had to start all over. I forgot to mention some of my hints and tips and made some inane comments but it really isn't easy to do. I broadcast in radio for years and it was so much easier when you only had to talk.
 I worked in the spare bedroom so I could use the best daylight and, despite messy mats, I managed to splat AIs all over the window ledge, dressing table, wallpaper and blinds... don't tell DH... I promise to have another go at damage reduction ASAP. Next time I'll stay in my workroom and use electric lights as there the mess is all mine. It's a giant learning curve as I just can't manage to upload it as my tool bar doesn't have a video icon so I'm stuck till I found out how to do it...will get there. Here are a couple of the dozens of great backgrounds I made whilst filming..... one below is AI on 3 pieces of acetate and the one above with the stamped image is on glossy card. That will have to be a taster until I can upload the video! 
Late addition below... a card I made using the top example but the colour hasn't reproduced too well.


6 comments:

olive said...

loving the colours Jo..... Ciao

cockney blonde said...

I can promise anyone who gets to see Jo's video that it will be well worth it. These backgrounds are really effective, x

Evelyn S. said...

I love cruising my bookmarked blogs...and finding one that has a post involving one of my absolute favorites: alcohol inks! There just isn't anything with more wonderful color.

Dotpat said...

See you have been busy again Jo, very colourful, can imadine the state you were in when you finished he he

Ann B said...

Brill colurs Jo, can't wait for the video

Unknown said...

i love these backgrounds and the stamp hope you managed to get it all cleaned up b4 Dave sees it lol great work n cant wait for the video xxx