Saturday 20 February 2010

Cards with AI on Acetate








This afternoon I made these really vibrant cards using the acetate backgrounds which I produced last week when I was having a crazy time blitzing away with my air duster. I thought the acetate would look good layered over images, stamped in black on white card, so I'm showing a photo of the plain images to compare the change of look when the coloured acetate is laid over the top. They look very contemporary and quite wacky but I like them and will do more in the future with another theme. At the moment I cannot bring myself to use subtle colours, maybe it's after this dark cold Winter that bright colour is uplifting to me! This time I stamped images of glamourous women which I haven't used for ages.Three are from I Brake For Stamps and the face on the  pink card is from stampattack


 I'm soooo excited as tomorrow I will be going to Birmingham, to the Craft & Stitches Trade Show at the NEC, with my friend Caz from stampattack. Hopefully we'll see lots of new ideas and I know Suze Weinberg, Tim Holtz and Claudine Helmuth will be demonstrating the new Ranger products. Watch this space and I'll tell you all the goss when I'm back!!
I'm glad to be going somewhere so interesting as it will keep my mind off the impending birth of my 3rd grand daughter, who will be born in Brighton on Monday by Caesarean section. I'm longing to see and hold HER ( yes we know!) but let's get the serious bit over first. Seems so odd to me to know the date and sex of the baby and they even make a fairly accurate estimate of the weight these days. Just please let her arrive safe and healthy is all I ask.

7 comments:

Jacque Heaton said...

All of these cards are just gorgeous!
Jacque

olive said...

love vibrant colours Jo.... have a great time at Birmingham..... Ciao

lisa said...

These are wonderful. The bright colours really suit these beautiful stamps. I agree that we need vibrant colours after such a dismal winter don't we?
I love the box from your last post too and will definitely be checking out those origami flowers.
Enjoy your weekend and good luck with the impending birth!!

Lisax

Neet said...

Tomorrow will be "Thinking Day" in more ways than one - keeping you all in my thoughts.

Love the "whacky" (your words) cards - just what is needed on yet another day of snow.

hazel said...

Brilliant cards Jo, the colours are just wonderful. xxx Hazel.

Sherry said...

Your cards are FABULOUS!!!! I love those bright colours and they work so well.
Hope all goes well for the birth x

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful work as always Jo. Will be thinking of you on Monday,x