Thursday 28 January 2010

Tiny shoes for tiny little people

 In between paper crafting, I've been knitting for my grandees. Whilst baby DGD2 visited I made her a pair of tiny UGG style Brighton Button boots to keep her toes cosy. Much cuter than the full size ones. 
I also made some mini Converse style trainers and Mary Jane Shoe Socks for the expected No3 DGD. I made the trainers/sneakers for DGD2 from an idea on a 1 inch square picture of something similar so had to guess how to make them. My daughter keeps sending me pics of little gems that I must make,(eg., the line of tiny hats for advent) but no patterns!!!... just have to make them up as I go along but after a couple of trial runs I can usually get a good result.
I am now writing the pattern for the Mary Janes and UGGs and hope to get the mini trainers onto paper soon. It's quite boring and laborious, but I'm nearly there, so if anyone wants a pattern.... please ask!  The Mary Janes can be made just as a shoe or with a sock extention added, as below.

6 comments:

sam21ski said...

Fabulous, love the baseball boots at the bottom xxx

Tinkertaylor said...

How cute, I don't have any grandchildren...yet, so I've plenty of time to learn to knit!

Cath Wilson said...

Fab, Jo - aren't you good to those girls? I just love the way you've done them all, but especially the baseball boots :)

cockney blonde said...

Jo, I love them all. You are such a talented lady. I just wouldn't know where to start, xxx

Neet said...

Love them all but not seen the UGGS in real life but they look fabby!

Unknown said...

these are so cute Jo your talents are endless xxxx