Friday 6 November 2009

First Ever Post


Sitting here wondering what on earth I'm doing but guided by my good friend Caz I am sure I'll get over all the hurdles of setting up this blog. Good to have a new venture!
My intention is to share ideas, artwork and some of the interesting bits and bobs which pop up into my life.
Don't want to bore anyone but I'm sure you all know how to make that click to get rid of me. On the other hand ....... who knows what magic we'll share. I've been a blog stalker for ages and I have been so inspired by so many talented people. I just hope someone somewhere out there may find a little inspiration in things I share.
Here goes folks, we're live.. .enjoy!


A special wooden letter I altered for the 2nd birthday of a very special little girl.
It has grungeboard wings and is painted with crackle paint.




I'm playing with this idea of a card tag attached to a small calico sack which is then altered. The sack is useful to hold treasures or a gift and the tag will hold a message. The theme of this one is influenced by my memories of having a little bag for dinner money in school..... a long long time ago!!!
The key is poignant as so many children at that time were "latch key kids". Letting themselves into empty houses at a young age after school.



My idea for a window box card... the card is coloured using alcohol inks blasted with canned air on glossy card. The "Freckles" images I designed along with the "Tatty Heads"... I'll no doubt use Tatty Heads very soon. ...


This is a double concertina card I made recently for a special friend. The insert is Stazon stamped on acetate.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful to see you now have a blog to share your fabbo creations.
I am happy to be the first to comment. Yeah, way to go.

Cath Wilson said...

The screen looks much nicer when you can see it properly. The article in CS was much too small, really for such a great project.

Deborah said...

So pleased I found your blog!